Sunday, December 26, 2010

Mr. & Mrs. Philley

The weekend before Christmas, Chris and I flew to Texas to be part of our good friends' {Leah & Andrew} wedding. Chris and Andrew have been good friends since enduring their fish year in the Corp of Cadets together. Andrew served as best man in our wedding, and Chris did the honors of best man for Andrew. Leah and I have been good friends since we were in the same class in 2nd grade. Leah was a bridesmaid in my wedding, and I was the same in hers. We have experienced the so much of life together with these two, both individually and as couples. They are two of the most kind-hearted, fun-loving people we know, and we genuinely enjoy spending time with them {unfortunately, that is a lot more rare than we would like.} Best yet, Andrew and Leah are the best matchmakers! Three and a half years ago, I received a phone call from Leah saying that she had given my email address to a soldier {one of Andrew's best friends}. My reaction: You did what?!?!? Turns out, that random solider was not so random. Luckily Andrew and Leah knew Chris and I {respectively} well enough to know that we could be a potential match. And, as most know our story, that solider later became my husband.

With three of my best friends since grade school {at rehearsal dinner; before walking down the aisle, and at the reception}.




Chris and I at the reception.



Corps of Cadets B-Co Class of 2004.



Bridesmaids and bride at the reception.


When Leah and I traveled to Israel together in 2000, her mom bought each of us a bottle of wine at Cana {where Jesus performed his first miracle of turning water into wine at a wedding}. I received my bottle at my reception, and this is Leah's bottle awaiting her toast.



Chris and I with the bride and groom.


As best man, Chris gave a toast to the couple at the reception. He gave Leah some things that might help her in her marriage to Andrew {ear plugs for his snoring; pumice stone to massage his feet and dental floss because flossing is non-negotiable living in the home of a dentist}. Andrew also received a few items to make the transition to a married man a little smoother {orange vest so Leah doesn't mistake him for a deer when hunting and book of coupons because his life is about to get much more expensive}.


His last line of the toast summed up perfected what we wish on these two: "May the most you ever hope for or dream of be the least you ever get."

No comments:

Post a Comment