Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall Colors

This past weekend, we took a quick roadtrip to visit some of my {Lyndsey} family in Pennsylvania. Because I am now working, we left late afternoon on Friday - right as everyone else was leaving the city {two hours later, we were out of city traffic!}. My uncle lives in State College and my grandparents had driven up from Texas to visit him.

On Saturday morning, we went with my grandparents to an apple orchard/pumpkin patch. It was a beautiful {very windy} fall day, accented further by the bright reds, yellows, and oranges of the Pennsylvania trees. As Texans who had never really experienced "fall" in the countryside, we were in awe at the rich hues! After selecting pounds of apples {we opted to pick them from the pre-picked barrels, not the trees}, tasting numerous samples, and venturing through a real pumpkin patch {first time to actually see pumpkins growing on its vine}, we went back to my uncle's house. We spent the rest of the afternoon visiting, touring Penn State, and eating delicious home-cooked food.




No comments:

Post a Comment